Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

PTE Andrew Graham

silverblondie

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me find out a bit more about my Great-great Uncle Andrew Graham, service no 41002, who served with the 1st RSF in Arras 1917. I know he was regarded missing in action on 3 May 1917 and has no known grave, but is mentioned on the plaque in Bay 5 of the Arras Memorial.

Can anyone tell me, or let me know where to find, what the movements of the RSF were between April and May 1917 and where is most likely that he fell?

Also, does anyone know where I can find a picture of Bay 5 at the memorial, so I can have a look for Uncle Andy?

Many hopeful thanks x ;)

welcome

he lived in Johnstone, Renfrewshire so you could try a local paper for some specific details

They were in 3rd Division.

They were at TILLOY near Monchy Le Prieux as the War Diary of 1st Gordon Highlanders gives:

Tilloy May

1st Bn relieved by 1st RSF moved into Div reserve trenches.

He was born at Hamilton.

Aye

Malcolm

Aye that's certainly him - born in Hamilton and lived in Johnstone, enlisting in Glasgow.

I had a train of thought that maybe he ended up at the Scarpe, but I shall have a delve now and see what I can find out about Tilloy.

Thankyou so much for your help so far - any suggestions about pictures of Bay 5 also very gratefully received!

SilverBlondie x :rolleyes:

have you tried google ??

Sure have - seem to spend an awful lot of time looking at gravestones, which I know he doesn't have. Thanks for the tip though, I'll try again and use a different search term!

Silverblondie x ^_^

if not reply, try another post asking specifically for the pic

Thankyou Coldstreamer, I'll do that in the cemeteries & memorials section.

Thanks again everyone, I'm another step closer to finding out everything about Uncle Andy!

Silverblondie x :D