Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

De Ruvigny

GraemeClarke

De Ruvignys for free, what a bargain. I tried to downoad the text version but it kept locking up the computer but the PDF version is fine. Well done Graeme a great asset. I have two volumes of these in hard back and they are vol 1 and three, the same as is available for download. Does anyone have any other volumes or it that all there was?

Regards.

Tom.

I have two volumes of these in hard back and they are vol 1 and three, the same as is available for download. Does anyone have any other volumes or it that all there was?

Regards.

Tom.

I have the NMP copies and their Vol 1 includes Vol I Parts I and II. The NMP Vol 2 includes Volume II, parts III IV and V.

If this makes sense ^_^

This is why there is often some confusion as to the number of Volumes originally issued.

The PDF versions will enable a 'search' so saving hours of looking for specific references.

Thank you Graeme, a great find.

Regards

John

Thanks for the info John. Does that mean that there was only ever Volume 1 and 3 in the original books?

Regards.

Tom.

Thanks for the info John. Does that mean that there was only ever Volume 1 and 3 in the original books?

Regards.

Tom.

Tom

I believe the NMP copies are complete versions but don't know if they mirror the original publication as to how the original volumes were published.

Guess it depends on what is meant by a Volume - if each 'part' was an original Volume then there would have been 5 'Volumes'.

If it helps in any way the NMP versions are as follows.

Vol 1 Part 1 starts at Abbay and ends at Young

Vol 1 Part 2 starts at Abbiston and ends at Yule

Vol 2 Part 3 starts at Abel and ends at Younghusband

Vol 2 Part 4 starts at Abbott and ends at Zorian

Vol 2 Part 5 starts at Abbey and ends at Whitehouse (too late for classification.

Sorry for straying a bit off topic.

Regards

John

Now done what I should perhaps have done earlier.

Vol 1 of the downloads seems the same as NMP Vol 1 Part 1

Vol 2 of the donwloads seems the same as NMP Vol 2 Part 3

Sorry, I'm confused (easily done Iknow!!).

I have downloaded the first link and it starts with Abbay and ends with Zola (contains 412 pages in all).

Are we saying I need to download another link (pdf file by choice) to get more volumes? If so which one(s) do I need please?

Thank you very much for the link - it's very much appreciated.

Guess it depends on what is meant by a Volume - if each 'part' was an original Volume then there would have been 5 'Volumes'.

Which is exactly how the soft-back version by the N&MP is published (part 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (plus optional index))....5 "parts" in 5 "books" - a total of 1431 (numbered) pages.

The downloads are part 1 and part 3 and contain 685 pages, therefore parts 2, 4 and 5 (746 further pages, containing over 3176 further portraits and a lot more entries) haven't been put online in PDF format as far as I know.

(that was a (failed?) attempt at simplifying matters BTW!!!)

Dave.

(that was a (failed?) attempt at simplifying matters BTW!!!)

Dave.

Dave

Not at all - thanks for clearing it up. My version of NMP is hard back which sorts out my confusion.

Regards

John

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Graeme ...what a great resource, good old tinternet

Andy

:rolleyes:

Graeme.

Thanks for this link, the "St Andrews Roll"and the PPCLI that is "Brilliant". Now if I could just find "The Sword Of The North" Thanks again for posting.

Aye Rob.

• 1 year later...
Guest Maryincanada

QUOTE (CROONAERT @ Jan 15 2009, 02:54 PM)

Dear CROONAERT, I am trying to contact MORDAC, Garth. I can't seem to find the forum he started for Thomas Lawrence Goulden. If you could contact him for me that would be greatly appreciated. I am researching Thomas and have info for him.

Regards

Maryincanada