Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

uniform identification help please

jennibrady

Hello

Welcome to the forum. Do you mean regiment? Would there be any chance of posting his name and an enlargement of the shoulder area. Should help.

Thanks

David

Left forearm has a wound stripe.

Thanks for your kind replies, yes, I do mean Regiment, sorry. His name is Henry Marsh, born 1891, In oundle (my Great grandfather), I have a postcard which he sent home from Italy in 1917 during WW1, it looks like it might say 32nd Royal Fussiliers, but It is very old and worn and hard to make out.

Shoulder Title would appear to be that of the Royal Fusiliers and the 32nd Battalion were in Italy at the tail end of 1917/beginning of 1918.

Regards

Steve

Noticed he's also wearing regimental pattern buttons with his Service Dress, which would indicate the photo was taken post 1918.

I was going to say he looks a bit old for a man born in 1891.

Also jennibrady doesn't mention a middle name while the MIC David posted has an initial.

So I searched the BMDs and the only hit for a Henry Marsh born in Oundle district pre-WW1 is Henry John MARSH, born in Q3 1885 (EDIT: son of William S and Fanny of Benefield Grange, Benefield, Oundle), which fits the MIC and his apparent age rather better.

Adrian

Noticed he's also wearing regimental pattern buttons with his Service Dress, which would indicate the photo was taken post 1918.

Not really a good indicator though, as although they are more common post-war, they do crop up to at least a small degree throughout the war...

He is Henry John Marsh, that is definately him, thank you so much to everyone for their help, I am very happy, especially with the medal card :lol: