Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Character Jugs

George Armstrong Custer

Came across these on an ebay listing whilst browsing - a set of 8 character toby jugs depicting prominent Great War characters. Made in a limited edition run of 100 of each character, I think they look quite impressive.

doulton1.jpg

doulton2.jpg

doulton3.jpg

I wouldn't mind a set myself - but not at the asking price of $3,400.00 (£2,332.73)! :o Wealthier forum members than I can find them here:

WW1 Military Leaders

Well that's a bit more within my reach! Nice though it would be to have the whole set it's a financial no-no even at £1,200, but I might run to single one of Douggie at £150.

I wonder which are the most popular?

I wonder which are the most popular?

I should imagine the jugs on George's avatar - I've been admiring them for a few days now.

Cheers-salesie.

I should imagine the jugs on George's avatar - I've been admiring them for a few days now.

Cheers-salesie.

How dare you Sir! That is my wife.

It's just as well for you that I'm a tolerant man, or I'd have felt compelled to challenge you to a dool. Yonder, by the castle of my fadder. If you want though you can go look at the motor racing thread in Skindles.

By the end of the day George will have the most checked out avatar on the net.

It's just as well for you that I'm a tolerant man, or I'd have felt compelled to challenge you to a dool. Yonder, by the castle of my fadder. If you want though you can go look at the motor racing thread in Skindles.

Pah, Skindles pindles! Those racy bimboes can't hold a candle to Mrs Custer.

I realise this means you will now demand satisfaction - if so, as the challenged, I believe that I have the choice of weapons. So, as a Yorkshireman, I have no choice but to insist on a pie-eating contest - my seconds will contact yours by PM to arrange the details, but I must warn you they will insist on neutral ground away from the castle of your fadder; Melton Mowbray being the usual venue in such circumstances, but any gristley old place will be Pukka.

Cheers-salesie.

By the end of the day George will have the most checked out avatar on the net.

:lol: You could be right - its also drawn enquiries over on the WFA: Louise Brooks. Though I'm afraid that my response there will reveal to John that it is not, alas, Mrs C.

But I don't see why we can't still do the pie duel John! Since you've selected the weapons, I'll select the ammunition used. I therefore suggest haggis pies be used. See how many of those you can get through, bub. These should do for a Yorkshireman and I fancy it may be humble pie you end up eating. As an alternate - and rather warmer - venue for this affair of honour, might I suggest the Daily Pie Cafe in Pie Town, New Mexico? The pies to be washed down with copious amounts of premium lager drunk from the Great War character jug of your choice.

pietown.jpg

Not Mrs Custer? And there's me thinking you'd married well above yourself! OK, I'll compromise - pork-pies with Johnny Walker Black label or nothing (don't want to get contaminated with that dreadful sheep's thingymebob or that mucky johnny-foreigner beer).

That Mexican caf' certainly puts a new slant on things - perhaps they keep all the pies at one end?

Cheers-salesie.

That Mexican caf' certainly puts a new slant on things - perhaps they keep all the pies at one end?

Appropriate enough though, as you'll find when you're sloping off in defeat.

Appropriate enough though, as you'll find when you're sloping off in defeat.

As long as I can slope-off with Miss Brooks, I'll be happy to cede you the field - I hope she carries plenty of rennies in her handbag!

Cheers-salesie.

they are great jugs george. [the ww1 ones ] by a coincidence i bought a jug myself today, not ww1 , but of a man who you probably served with in the seventh cavalry, john wayne!!.

mike.

It's just as well for you that I'm a tolerant man, or I'd have felt compelled to challenge you to a dool.

More like a drool.