Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Guardsman Cundy

Hett65

Are there any Grenadier Guard researchers on the forum who could assist me with a regimental number for the below named person. I have been unable to trace him on 'Ancestry' records and MIC and it is a bit expensive trying to get his history from the Guards Museum.

James William Leonard CUNDY born 24.1.1888 at Crakehall served 3 years with the 2nd Battalion Grenadier Guards prior to joining the police on 1.9.1913. He was recalled to the colours 4.8.1914 and retuned to police service on 7.1.1919.

Thanks

John

ajsmith

Thanks for finding the MIC on Cundy, I tried on the Ancestry MIC site but nothing came up for him, strange!

John

John

If you're interested I did the same thing (i.e. Ancestry MIC) but I unchecked the exact match box for his surname and entered Grenadier Guards with exact match checked, which returned only 10 matches. After that it was obvious. After 25 years in IT the vagaries of data have become all too familiar to me!!

glad to be of help

Tony

Thanks for that tip, I will certainly use it now with a few others I have not found on Ancestry MIC's.

Happy New Year

John