Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Thank you Haribo

Guest KevinEndon

Guest KevinEndon

I would like to thank Haribo for helping us get 10 more volunteers for the IFTC project. His questioning of funding and all that went after it has helped us no end.

They say that any publicity is good even if its bad and on this occassion it has worked wonders for us.

I am not being sarcastic here, what he has done has given the IFTC project the limelight and it has worked wonders, that is why I am thanking him. The more people who do the searches either with the ODGW or the GRO indexes will ensure we hit the 2012 target.

If you want to become part of this band of brothers/sisters then please leave your name below and you will be contacted by pm, or if you send a pm to John Hartley he will get you all the info you need.

Kevin

The IFTCP is a fantastic project and I'm sure that every new recruit will be welcomed with open arms. I commend it to anyone.

However, may I respectfully remind members that the original thread made accusations based on unsubstantiated rumours that were convincingly rebuffed. It caused deep offence to a number of colleagues and it was eventually closed (possibly too late as some have said but lets not revisit that either please!).

Other issues, relating to WWII non-comms for example, are under consideration by the trustees and clarification will be provided a.s.a.p.

Therefore please do not use this thread to reopen wounds or it will also be binned.

Hi

A year ago I did some work for the project from SDGW. I thought my contribution was finnished because I do not have the Overseas death CD. I now find that Anybody can help because JH will send hard copies for you to work on.

A few more volunteers can therefore join and be able to say that the present they got for Xmas was a load of work from JH.

Peter

Excellent typo there, Kev. :D

On one hand, you could hardly fault "Haribo" - the German manufacturer of assorted sugary sweeties (as well as Mrs H's favourite Pontefract Cakes).

On the other hand....... ;)

However as Max Clifford says (or is it Max Mosley), all publicity is good publicity and whilst all the enquiries we've had havnt turned into volunteers yet, I am pleased to welcome three new members to the Project in the last couple of days. Plenty work left for many more if you want to give yourself a New Year's treat by signing up. I could send you some sugary sweeties by way of thanks - but some might think that was payment for researching non-commems. :D

John

• 4 weeks later...

there you go girls!

everyone is a winner, even the ones who can't write, read or speak pworper :lol: