Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Auchonvillers/Somme etc.

Ken Lees

Just wondering if any of the Pals will be out and about on the above dates.

Mark Abbott & I will be making the trip and staying at Avril's. If anyone else will be in the area we'd be happy to meet for a beer at Tommy's.

Regards,

Ken

I'll be in Le Tommys for a meal on the Thursday night with some American friends, if you can find time for a beer - or deux! Think that's the 25th?

I've just arrived home from Southport, having purchased a new oven for my better half ( the things we have to do to obtain a leave pass!). Noticed the post and can't wait for the aforementioned beer or three!!

Mark

So anyone keeping track on the beer math?

Ken said meet for one,

Paul said … deux,

Now Mark says … three,

I bet soon after the fifth or sixth one the singsong will start and that will be the last anyone remembers until the hangovers next morning. :lol:

Have fun mates and no drink driving!

Jon

Who's counting?! :lol:

I think Dominique will stay open as long as beer is bought... I will be there from around 18.00. See then there!

• 2 weeks later...

Paul,

We'll be eating first and then driving over to Le Tommys after that, so it will be mid-evening when we get there.

We have decided to have a look/walk around Epehy on one day (55th Division actions 30/11/17) and on the way home we intend to visit the Le Hamel, Mesplaux Farm, Tuning Fork area (55th Division actions 09/04/18). This is where Gourlay won his VC for keeping his guns in action and numerous other awards were earned.

Looking forward to it :)

Ken

Ken - sorry to miss you. We stayed till nearly 10pm, but my US friends were tired after a long day, so not quite the session I had envisaged; I was also dog-tired after a week on tour. Hope to see you next time.

Paul,

We must have only just missed you. We stayed until we realised you weren't going to appear and then left. As you say, next time. I will be over again with my family in July, so perhaps we can get together then.

Regards,

Ken