Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Then and Now .....90 years ago and today

Havrincourt

Sepoy these overlays are great ....thank you, I have added some to the other thread too

More please!

Andy

Can I just ask - is there a reason for two Then and Now 90 years ago threads? If not, they should probably be merged

Thanks

Alan

Can I just ask - is there a reason for two Then and Now 90 years ago threads? If not, they should probably be merged

Thanks

Alan

I think this would be an excellent idea - get them merged :)

(would it be a major task???? - Also is it worth updating the title to Then and Now 100 years ago.)

Sepoy

Hill 60 In the footsteps of Will Bird

Will R. Bird served in the 42nd Battalion, the Black Watch of Canada on the Western Front from January 1917, until the end of the war, and was awarded the MM on the penultimate night of the Great War at Mons.

The image above is a blend of Will R Bird when he visited Hill 60 in 1931 and myself on Armistice day 11/11/11 80 Years Later.

Excellent. What about a larger image?!

Excellent. What about a larger image?!

Roger, left click on the image, then if you like, right click on it, Save Image As Document, or Picture then once saved, you can right click on file, and open with picasa, or other and resize?

Mike

Roger, left click on the image, then if you like, right click on it, Save Image As Document, or Picture then once saved, you can right click on file, and open with picasa, or other and resize?

Mike

Thanks Mike, I actually don't know how to post a larger image?? That's just the way it resizes from the gallery.

Here is another aerial ......Beaumont Hamel showing the locations of the area cemeteries and original trench lines

Andy

post-10939-0-94331400-1380372626_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Loved this topic and will continue to do so for a while!

It certainly shows the level of destruction, and recovery, of the battlefields. Love it!

Forgive me if this has been posted before.

Western Front 1928:2009

Mike

Mike, you are forgiven if forgiveness is required. That is another epic find which I've never seen before, thanks.

Just a quickie - a German aerial photo of Bouzincourt taken during 1918.............

post-2839-0-35491300-1382290612_thumb.jp

All the best

Steve

A RFC/RAF related photograph marked on the back "Enroute from Oxford to Yatesbury".

They had obviously stopped for refreshment at the "Old Crown" at Faringdon, Oxfordshire.

Also with a view of the Old Crown Coaching Inn today via Google Earth

Sepoy

post-55476-0-30064100-1382551861_thumb.j

post-55476-0-57558100-1382551887_thumb.j

Thanks lads,

Ray - the only caption I've ever seen attached to the photo was from a contemporary newspaper that indicated the rebels were from Wexford. Can't confirm or deny I'm afraid!

Dave