Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Arthur William Draper

amp1970

My Great Grandfather was Arthur William Draper and he was a Corporal in the Royal Field Artillery. His Reg'd No. was 85292. He came from Ticknall in Derbyshire.

Would anyone be able to help in providing any other information about him for me?

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

Hi Andy

WELCOME to the forum. His Service records are available on Ancestry. Gnr 85292 Royal Regt of Artillery , Attested on 30.1.1915. Wife Bertha Ellen Holmes (10.8.1911), 3 children. Ancestry is free during Novemeber.

Regards Barry

Hi Andy

I think you got the message, also his medal index card is on there as well. If you don't know how to view the pages,scroll through them from the arrows at the top.

Regards Barry

Thanks for you help.

My father had always said that his grandfather had been repremanded for 'Ill treating a horse' as it says in these records.

What actually happened was that the horse kicked him first, so he kicked it back. The unfortunate thing about it was that he was seen doing it!

If anyone can shed any other light on him, the Brigade he was assigned or the battles in which he wouldhave taken part, apart from what is to be found on Ancestry from the official records, I would love to here from you.

Thanks again - you've made my evening,

Andy.