Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

BEF - Russia 1919

Murdo

Hi,

I am trying to piece together my Grandfather's service records. I have his Service records for 1896 - 1908 and also his Service records for 1914 - 16. I know he travelled to Russia with the BEF in 1919 but they don't seem to be on Ancestry. Does anyone know if they have been released or will I have to go through the NA for these.

Many thanks,

Eury

Welcome to the Forum Eury.

It sounds likely that your grandfather served with a formation called Dunsterforce.

Have a look at this thread http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/i...hl=dunsterforce

and try search terms Dunsterforce and Russia 1919 via the search button top right of your screen.

A quick search on the Long Long Trail (see link top left) returns

The 13th (Western) Division of the British Army in 1914-1918

Brigade HQ arrived in Baku at Dunsterforce HQ on 24 August 1918. In October and early November 1918, parts of 40th Brigade and the Divisional artillery took ...

www.1914-1918.net/13div.htm

Battles on the Tigris: book review

The latter parts of the book deal with the "Dunsterforce" foray into the Caucasus and the difficult political aftermath of the war. ...

www.1914-1918.net/books/tigris.htm

Many thanks for the information Kate. I will do as you suggest.

I have only been on the forum for a few days but I have learned to much about WW1. I am doing my family history and have got back to 1795 on Grandfather's side (all Scottish Records are on-line via Scotland's People). It has been very interesting and Grandfather's Service Records are the "icing on the cake".

Thanks again,

Eury