Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Joseph rafferty

mick1234

Hello pals,

A friend of mine has asked could I help in locating any information on an ex soldier relative of his called Joseph Rafferty who was born in No. 12 Basin Street Naas Co. Kildare Ireland. he knows that he joined the Army in 1912 and was demobbed in 1919/1920. He served at sometime during the First World War but they have not much more information to go on.

I have access to the MIC records but unfortunely they dont state his home address. Could any kind expert pal advise on how I could ascertain his Army Number. Posting this here is a long shot but you never know what this excellent forum can throw up.

regards

Mick :D

Mick

If you have his MIC then his service number should be on there, if you were to post it on the forum then we can help. Do you have any more details? What regiment was he in?

Ellie

Mick

If you have his MIC then his service number should be on there, if you were to post it on the forum then we can help. Do you have any more details? What regiment was he in?

Ellie

A lot of Joseph Rafferty's show up on the MIC list of which one should be him but the problem I have is that I dont know his Regiment or Army number. Is there any way in linking up a MIC record with his known address ?. Thanks for the response,

Regards

mick.

Mick,

Very few of the MIC's have addresses on the reverse so its very unlikely you will find one with that address. Try looking through the pension records for all variations of J Rafferty. You might be lucky and find a record that has that address but it is a very long shot! Without the service number its a very very big haystack!

John

Isodare,

Thanks for your help, Have forwarded details to my friend to see if this could be him. Will keep you updated of outcome on this forum, Thanks again,

Regards,

Mick.