Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bombadier Ernest Oliver Brooke 10741 RFA

Lorac

As usual I have gone off at a tangent with my family research and got caught up with this chap who has no family connection.

Bomadier Ernest Oliver Brooke 10741 of the RFA was discharged on 20/06/1918 as unfit (taken from MIC on Ancestry).

His pension record on Ancestry states he had tuberculosis attributed to his time in Gallipoli.

He died in 1918 at Bath (his home town) presumably in Bath War Hospital which is where he was being treated.

I cannot find his details on CWGC. I have also checked 'Soldiers Died' on Ancestry and he does not appear to be on there either. Can anyone locate him please? Or am I totally way off here and he should not be on there anyway?

Lorac

Lorac,

It has the look on a ''non-commemorated'' casualty, missing out on CWGC because he had been discharged from the military before his death.

If his death was indeed war-related then he would likely be eligible for inclusion on the CWGC lists.

Perhaps you should post this under the relevant sub-topic of possible non-commemoration (see Cemeteries and Memorials section). The experts there will point you in the right direction (and it will need a bit of proof before CWGC will include him).

Ian

I think it is easier just to re-post it as a new topic on the other board. You can ask the modertators to ''pin'' this thread - but you could just as easily post a comment here that you are re-starting on the new topic board.

Ian