Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Archibald Bolton KRRC 9TH BT

bolton7403

• 10 months later...

Good afternoon,

I appreciate this post is over 10 years old however I would like to help.  Archibald Bolton is my great-great uncle and I also have been researching our family tree, all of the above information is fascinating and also tragic.

I am keen to get in touch with Bolton7403, firstly as I believe we are related and secondly because I have the medals and other items which I would love to share. 

Please do message me.  I did try and message Bolton7403 direct but I don't seem to have that type of membership

Thanks in advance.

Oliver Bolton

• Admin

He's not been on the forum for 11 years. Hopefully, if he hasn't changed his  mail address from the one he used to register with, he will get the message. 

Michelle 

... and a big welcome to you Oliver from the rest of the Rifles family here on the forum!

Mark

Welcome to the forum Oliver..the articles are courtesy of the British Newspaper Archive. 

Screenshot_20191119-083721.jpg

I don't know if you know but his brother Fred was also a rifleman in the KRRC.

Edit ..the eldest brother Arthur was  Grenadier Guard.

Another snippet I picked up was that Archibald's dad ended up in court over the alleged theft of potatoes in 1916....he was found not guilty.

Screenshot_20191119-090619.jpg

Another brother Ernest George accidentally drowned in 1913.

Screenshot_20191119-092806.jpg

Edited by sadbrewer

@sadbrewer Thanks for sending the above across, we knew that a brother of his had died at home but I certainly wasn't aware of the above circumstance. Regarding potato-gate, no comment... :rolleyes:

bolton7403 luckily got my message and we are now in contact regarding Archibald!

Thanks everyone for your help.

3 hours ago, oliverbolton said:

@sadbrewer Thanks for sending the above across, we knew that a brother of his had died at home but I certainly wasn't aware of the above circumstance. Regarding potato-gate, no comment... :rolleyes:

bolton7403 luckily got my message and we are now in contact regarding Archibald!

Thanks everyone for your 

Edited by sadbrewer