Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

what's wrong with Ancestry now?

Skipman

It is overloaded because they are running the FREE MONTH OF NOVEMBER.

It was in all the major newspapers in Canada and we can also get British records, so we are all on a mission!

http://www.ancestry.ca/remember

Every time I can get on I am downloading all the files I have wanted for the past 5 years! There might be "a few more of me" doing the same.

Am more than happy that you are getting all you want laughton,you're a good bloke,i hope you find everything you want.

I have to say the canadian archives are very good.

Slight moan in that i have paid a subscription,and i can't use it.

Mike

I tried this morning under the free offer, not a great mention of this. However after 25 minutes I gave up, repeated requests for membership fees, vouchers, e mails with user names , guests , etc. then when I thought I was in "enter activation code", no idea what they are talking about, closed it down.

My limitations re. IT I accept but I don't think I have met a web site as frustrating , if searching on the site is as bad I will just have to give up searching , even to find if service records are available for my family. Perhaps one day a member will take pity on me & search just to find if records exist .

Colin

Searcing on Ancestry's not THAT bad - I'm sure if you put the details up (once it's quietened down!!) then someone will look for you :)

Many thanks Kim, even trying to get on Ancestry was frustrating, however as you say perhaps someone with better IT skills could help later As I mentioned all I need to know is if such records exist, I can take it from there.

Thanks for your interest.

Colin