Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Robert (Bob) Coulson

Guest JOYCE COULSON

Guest JOYCE COULSON

To all, I do not no how many people on here knew my dad Robert (Bob) Coulson. My mum and I are very aware of how much time my dad dedicated to this site and his research. I would like to pass on to anyone who knew him that he very suddenly but peacefully passed away at home on saturday morning. Please if you knew him feel free to get in touch.

Your father always posted interesting historical information on this forum.I did not know him but was aware of his long association and interest in this forum.

Please accept my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Frank East

I'd agree with Frank: I only knew Bob through the Forum, but he always came over as a good bloke. Nothing much better than that, is there?

God bless.

Deeply saddened - you have every sympathy from me, and rest assured he will be missed here.

Deeply saddened - you have every sympathy from me, and rest assured he will be missed here.

I will miss his contributions to this forum which I always read with interest.

So very sorry for your loss.

Mike S

• Admin

Very sad to read this. Like others, I only knew Bob from his posts here, but as Steven said he came across as a good man. My sympathies to his family.

Michelle

Bob was a first day joiner of "this thing of ours" and held membership number 11, so he was already here when I joined the next day.

I also never had the opportunity to meet him but will always remember his willingness to help others and freely share with them the information he had.

Joyce, my thoughts are with you and your mum. I'll miss your dad's contributions here.

John

I was lucky in that Bob allowed me to publish three of his articles on my website, the last one not all that long ago. He liked to look into the personal stories of the war, because he found inspiration in the fact that,

Amidst the tales of death, carnage and wholesale slaughter, stories of great bravery, devotion to duty, care for their fellow men and indeed self-sacrifice were also to emerge.

I was very sorry to read your message, Joyce. My thoughts are with you and your mum.

Tom

Didn't know Bob other than through the Forum but this is very sad news. My condolences to you and all the family.

Bernard

I am so sorry to hear of this, Joyce. My thanks to you for letting us know and my sincere condolences to you and your mother. We shall miss him - he was a great pal.

Joyce

Thanks for letting us know. I'm sad to hear of this news; I communicated many times with him here but unfortunately never met him. He was one of the 'good guys' on the forum and his loss will be felt here.

Mick

Joyce,

My sincere condolences to you and your Mum for your loss, though I never had the priviledge of meeting him I am reminded of the help he gave me through the forum, to quote one of his replies

" couldn't go to bed until I got to the bottom of this one" timed at midnight. A truly generous man who will be sadly missed on this forum

Cliff. Hobson.

I was just this week, about to send Bob some further info on the Yorkshire Regiment. Bob was as kind as he was generous in his own research.

My family extends our deepest sympathy.

Christopher and Nichola.

Joyce,

I am very very saddened to hear this news. Thank you for letting us know and my deepest condolences to you and your family. Personally, I had the highest regard for your father.

Andy

Joyce

I am so sorry to hear about Bob. My thoughts are with you.

I had only e-mailed him the other day about a piece of research.

Please accept my condolences

Stephen

I would agree with the comments of the Pals above; a good man, always ready and willing to help and advise.

The family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Joyce

Saddened to hear that your Father had passed away. Like many here I only knew Bob as a 'Cyber Pal'. My thoughts are with you & your Mother tonight.

Sad to hear the news my condolences to you and your mother.

Regards Doug

I never met Bob, nor did our research paths really cross, but having seen his name and posts for the last six years I am fully aware of his knowledge and generosity. Through his work on this forum Bob will be missed by more people than you could know.

Joyce, please accept my deepest condolences.