Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Rifle Brigade on Somme

Cavair

Hoping to find info about Rifle Brigade on Somme!

Dont know company or battn yet though, for a relative discharged from Rifle Brigade on 1.8.1917 - we know he was in hospital a long time,

Cause of Discharge "Wounds. Para 392, XV_ K.R. " (presumably Kings Regulations ?!)

ON the medal card under "Action Taken" is written "List M.658" whatever that list is.!!

any info about Rifle Brigade and where they were in action, appreciated, though i know the detail of battn isnt known yet.

I think he was wounded on first day of Somme.

many thanks

Richard

Just noticed the Regt no is shown on TNA docuyment is S/20434 if that is any help about unit.?

Thanks

Rifleman Sidney Lewis Perry, S/20434, was in the 12th Rifle Brigade, enlisting on the 7/12/15.

Andy

According to the battalions casualty returns he was wounded on the 7/10/16, will have a look a little later for the war dairy exert for this date. By the way, the 12th RB were in the Ypres Salient for the 1/7/16.

Andy

Richard,

There is no company mentioned in the casualty return, he was injured during the attack on Rainbow Trench along with a lot of others of the battalion. There is a considerable amount in the War Diary concerning this attack and an appendix to the war diary covering the events of this day.

The list M/658 is the Silver War Badge Roll.

Andy

Andy

My grandfather was with the 12th RB, 10879 Rfm Horace Womble, until wounded at Langemarck 16/8/17, could I possibly have a copy of the War Diary covering the attack on Rainbow Trench please.

Regards

john

John,

Not a problem, as soon as Richard sends me his e-mail address I will send it off to both of you.

Andy

Richard,

All sent through to you, enjoy the reading.

Andy

John,

Could you send me your e-mail address so that I can send you a copy also. Find attached the battalion casualty list showing your relatives injury on 17/8/17

post-1871-1226321146.jpg