Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medal index cards

pl001

Can anyone help me with the abreviations on this medal index card -BWRVM and the next part looks like Piesta or Festa these letters are written under star roll 0/1105 -B60 page 14617

Tinhat. BWRVM is most probably British War & Victory Medals. What is his name or post an image of his card so we can all have a look to decipher it. Regards Ralph.

Tinhat. BWRVM is most probably British War & Victory Medals. What is his name or post an image of his card so we can all have a look to decipher it. Regards Ralph.

His name is Alexander Clark Lafferty he enlisted in The Royal Engineers was wounded April 1917 at Arras and was home recovering for several months and returned to the front before the end of the year.

I think this is when he was transferred to The 5th Northumberland Fusilliers No.46848 just hope you can help .Regards Tinhat.

I think it says "Restd" for "Restored". It seems his original entry was struck out when he was reported as a deserter, then restored. The "D of W" means "died of wounds".