Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New Museum to be built at Woodstock

RobertBr

A new museum is to built in the grounds of the Woodstock Museum to tell the story of Oxfordshires military history. Among the items will be of the Soldiers of Oxfordshire Trust (SOFO) collection which was formally held at the Slade Park Barracks.

The museum currently has exhibition on "Soldiers of Oxfordshire: bugles and busbies" (25 October - 28 June) and "Soldiers of Oxfordshire: part-time defenders" (25 October - summer 2009)

Bob

Bob,

Did you go to the event on Friday at Woodstock as I did? Still a long way to 4million pounds - but a great cause.

All the best

Stephen

Stephen

I could not go due to work committments.

I look forward to posting regarding its opening.

Regards

Bob

Hi guys

Just to clarify the position, SOFO is the over arching organisation managing this project for all the units in Oxfordshire. The contributing units to date are the OX & Bucks LI, Oxfordshire Yeomanry & Oxford University OTC. The County Council are providing the site within the County Museum grounds at a pappercorn rent and their planning and museum services as part of the contribution.

The Regimental Associations will retain ownership of their respective collections, with them being displayed in the new Museum

If you want to find out more about SOFO, or better still make a donation to the fund, futher details can be found at:

http://www.sofo.org.uk/

Regards

OY

Trustee - SOFO

Trustee - Oxfordshire Yeomanry Trust

Trustee - Royal Berkshire Yeomanry Museum Trust