Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Harry Patch Update photos from Steenbeek

steveatv

We have just finished updating the photo album of the Harry Patch unveiling the memorial were Harry was 91 years ago..Visit www.polygonwood.com to view these and read his amazing story..Thanks again to all those who had contributed to the photo album and the story..Johan & Steve

post-38444-1224493916.jpg

post-38444-1224493935.jpg

post-38444-1224493974.jpg

What a great man Harry is and what an inspiration. A hero in anybody's eyes, as they all were. Thanks for sharing the photo's.

David

The day after (28th) Harry must have been at Talbot House, Pops, because he is the first signatory of a new visitors book there.

Fabulous pics and a real gentleman. Its a privilege to have had the chance to have been on this earth during part of the lifetime of Harry and his few remaining comrades, before WW1 is consigned solely to the pages of history.

The day after (28th) Harry must have been at Talbot House, Pops, because he is the first signatory of a new visitors book there.

He certainly was Alan - pic attached.

Regards

Jeremy

post-16428-1225374932.jpg

Nice one Jeremy. Did Harry receive our Thank You card from us, ref his letter to us last week? We will be having it framed! It was a fantastic gesture by Harry and the branch was thrilled! He made our day. Thank you Jeremy.

Fear Naught.

Chris.

Did Harry receive our Thank You card from us, ref his letter to us last week?

Chris - I'm afraid I don't know. I haven't seen him this week. I'm sure it arrived safely though. Glad the Ypres Branch of the RBL were so pleased.

All best,

Jeremy