Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Fusiliers,Officer's Photgraph.

206thCEF

Hi Joe,

he's definately not unknown to me, he's remembered on one of my local memorials, only yesterday did I read his last letter home and the details of his gallant death, also I have a photo of his grave and wooden cross.

Do you know how to contact the website where this photo is as we can give his name and so loose the 'unknown' tag. Does anyone else recognise him?

Jon

Jon

I don't know who he is but I assume the website from where this photo is taken does. There is a list of names on the website of identified soldiers, both officers and other ranks whose photo/obituary can be supplied at a cost.

Tell us his name and we can check he's there ;)

Regards

Steve

Jon

He's on the list, so not unknown to the website 'owner', listed under 9th Battalion....

Phillipps R E Captain The Hon MC : Photo

Here's the link to the page from where it was 'lifted'....http://www.ww1photos.com/RoyalFusiliers.html

Regards

Steve

Hello Jon and Steve. Thanks to both of you for the information. One more for you, Steve. When you say" The Honourable" does thatt mean is was a MP ?

Thanks and cheers.

Joe

• 6 years later...

Just found a 20 page description of Roland Philipps in the 'Scout Book of Heroes'. He was the Scout Commissioner for East and North-East London and seems to have inspired the pre-war scouts of London, as well as his men.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jon and Steve. Thanks to both of you for the information. One more for you, Steve. When you say" The Honourable" does thatt mean is was a MP ?Thanks and cheers.Joe

No Joe, it means his father was an earl, viscount or baron.

Ron