Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

List of photos in Album

Skipman

119s4fp.jpg # 30 . Scottish Rifles. 1st man unknown , 2nd man May be Richard Wallace reg 1821. 3d man may be William J Douglas reg 1807. 4th man may be Harry Stewart reg 1820

• 4 weeks later...

Was talking to owner of album ,who now believes the original owner of the album (Alexander Dunlop) may have started a scout group in Grangemouth,perhaps this or similar BB's group is the link that ties these men together.Cheers Skipman.

Was talking to owner of album ,who now believes the original owner of the album (Alexander Dunlop) may have started a scout group in Grangemouth,perhaps this or similar BB's group is the link that ties these men together.Cheers Skipman.

JT Salvesen (photo 17) is also a Grangemouth based company.

Thanks eirridia,you wouldn't happen to have an adress for them would you? you can pm me.

The original owner of album was a wood merchant.Any other Grangemouth info circa ww1 would be useful too.

Cheers Mike

Thanks eirridia,you wouldn't happen to have an adress for them would you? you can pm me.

The original owner of album was a wood merchant.Any other Grangemouth info circa ww1 would be useful too.

Cheers Mike

PMd. The WW2 minesweeper HMS Abdiel was adopted by Grangemouth. I believe Grangemouth Town Hall has an 'Abdiel Suite'.

You're a mine of information.

Thanks very much ,all very helpful information.The story is coming together,and all these snippets of info help so much.

Many thanks Mike

• 2 years later...

The Scottish Rifles are from the 7th battalion and the photographs taken in front of a stone building covered in ivy are actually in front of what is now Abbotsgrange Church in Grangemouth, formerly Kerse Parish Church taken in September 1914. I suspect that many of them are from B Company.

The Scottish Rifles are from the 7th battalion and the photographs taken in front of a stone building covered in ivy are actually in front of what is now Abbotsgrange Church in Grangemouth, formerly Kerse Parish Church taken in September 1914. I suspect that many of them are from B Company.

hello skipman;with great pleasure i have just finished viewing the pictures of these men of the scottish rifles.i am a beginner to this site and to researching my maternal unkle,who was a member of this regiment.all i know about him is as follows which is taken from a letter sent to my mother(his sister),dated march 1960.(re:3233649 bandsman harry william lloyd.scottish rifles./reference to your letter dated 15th february 1960,i have/to inform you that trace has been found of the above named/who may be the subject of your enquiry./the above named enlisted as a boy on 13th march 1915 and/died at the british station hospital,quetta at 2:50 p.m. on / the 14th september 1924.place of burial is not recorded./he was awarded the general service medal with clasp/"kurdistan"./any effects or assets due would have been forwarded to the/recorded next of kin who at the time of his death was mother.) i have (3) three pictures of him taken while he was in service.i have no way to send copies of these except via regular mail.i believe these pictures were taken in india somewhere.mothers name,mary elizabeth (robinson)lloyd.fathers name,harry lloyd,all born in london,england. original military number,18078.i would gladly send these pictures and any other information i have should they be needed.my e-mail is <edcoyne603@yahoo.com>if you or any other reader can add to the information inclosed it would be greatly appreciated. regards ed

• 5 years later...
On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2008 at 19:41, Skipman said:

15xwn0z.jpg # 21

Taken at the corner of what is now Abbotsgrange Church in Grangemouth, at that time called Kerse Parish Church - 7th Scottish Rifles.

IMG_6737.JPG