Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Emil and Franz by Richard Baumgartner

AOK4

Hello,

I'm looking for the article 'Emil and Franz' by Richard Baumgartner, that was published in Stand To! some time ago. Could anyone provide me with copies from the article (I have a very bad copy) and/or correct publication date etc.

They mention in the introduction that this article was the first in a series of articles about German pilots etc over the Western Front. Could anyone tell me which airmen (and to what units they belonged) were covered in the next issues?

I would be very grateful for any help.

Jan

Issue 12 page 6, Issue 13 page 15, Issue 14 page 10 and Issue 16 page 5. The page numbers are the pages the articles start on, they could contain more than one page.

I'm sorry, Jan, I don't have copies of these, and I cannot tell you when they were published.

I believe you can download a copy of the "Stand To!" Index from the WFA site - it runs on Excel.

Hello Jan, I believe I have these articles from the back issues. I will scan and send them tomorrow if that is Ok.

Ralph

Ralph,

That would be great!

Greenwoodman,

I didn't find anything downloadable on the WFA-site (perhaps because I'm not a member?).

Jan

The downloadable ST! Index should go back on to the WFA site tomorrow. I'm doing a bit of Spring cleaning there, as some of you may have seen. Nicer look and feel.

It seems I have parts 1,2 and 4 and will finish sending scans tomorrow. I am missing #15. Is there anyone else who could provide the missing article for Jan?

Ralph

Jan, The scanner crashed when trying to fiish vol. 4. Actually it froze the computer. I xeroxed the article and will send it this week. I expect a new computer at work so I will be able to send over improved scans for both photos and text.

It seems my memory and video card are not up to speed.

Ralph

Thanks very much for the trouble you have done to get me the copies!

Jan