Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RAF Marked 1907 bayonet

N White

& here's it's bend test;

PICT1757.jpg

Ahem!

Erm.. be very carefull doing things like your pic suggests to anything antique that you really are fond of. Reason being, the composition of the metal changes over time. What once could have withstood Arnie Swartzenegger trying to bend it = 90-odd years old, could very well now bend like a bow.. AND STAY THERE.. or even SNAP! Just a suggestion!

Seph :rolleyes:

'welshdoc' . could you post a few pics please? Include closeups of both ricasso's if you would old chap!

Seph

Ahem!

Erm.. be very carefull doing things like your pic suggests to anything antique that you really are fond of. Reason being, the composition of the metal changes over time. What once could have withstood Arnie Swartzenegger trying to bend it = 90-odd years old, could very well now bend like a bow.. AND STAY THERE.. or even SNAP! Just a suggestion!Seph

No big deal.

As the shooting of helmets thread shows,I'm not much of a collector ^_^ .

There are maybe 2 things I would never part with & one is a lowly GV officers sword to the Rifles.As to bayo's & the rest,they do nothing for me & I always end up flogging them

swordtiger.jpg

Sorry to say, your 1913 US Vickers is a fake! PM me and i'll explain.

The US Wilkinson is not.. its a US Winchester, and in its present condition, worth around $350 to $400.

Seph

Is it because the date should be 1915?

Mick

Sorry that was a very bad joke.

Mick

Sorry that was a very bad joke.

Mick

Although I suspect near to the truth... regarding "a" date anyhow.

Can I join in again?

Pattern 13 (Remington)-----------------------------------------------------------------------M1917 (Remington)

Same Pattern 1913 (may 1916 production) brown leather scabbard.

Very nice US examples there Chris! However... your last pic shows the Remington wrong way in the scabbard!

Gentlemen.. please look and study the pics I posted of my brace of Vickers '07's.. in particular, the depth and style of the ricasso stampings. Also, study the style and in particular, the depth of the ricasso stampings of the examples that Chris has posted. Now... study the same for the Vickers P1913 of Welshdoc... suspect? Lets have your comments here!

Seph

Rather than continue this hijack, Ive started a new thread about the "fake" Vickers. I will continue my education about these pinty things :D

I don't mind the hijacks, I collect bayonets so I am filing all this helpful information away for the next time I go antiquing. I certainly got more knowledge than I expected from this thread, but it is all welcome!