Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Photographs

Guest Stoner

recently taken at china wall,the cwgc gardeners really deserve to be told what a good job they do,this trip we went to hedge row trench/1st dcli/woods, a bit off the beaten track for those that know,again gardeners magnificent

Biff

Was there a bonfire in this cemetery when you took the picture?

Cross Of Sacrifice, Brookwood, Surrey...

post-38150-065163000 1283095547.jpg

Was there a bonfire in this cemetery when you took the picture?

1ST I thought you were on funny fags But if you mean the haze by the cwgc building back left I think its a sun flare or an old rain spot or maybe an orb!!!

Biff :blush:

No funny stuff here - but there is a haze hanging over part of the image - Nice image by the way still ghostly for me!

• 3 weeks later...

One of my favourites - taken at 7th Field Ambulance Cemetery, Gallipoli, May 2010. I'd only just taken the photo when the CWGC gardeners arrived with their lawn mowers.

Judy

• 2 months later...

Talbot House Poperinge

The original "Toc H" called Everymans Club and based in Poperinge just behind the front lines at Ypres Belgium, named in memory of Lt Gilbert Talbot. This is the original piano played for the troops in WW1 by the Belgian lady shown in the photo on the instrument. A drawing by the artist Eric Kennington is on the wall (Left).

Eric Kennington:

5211919407_d794311c9a_z.jpg

Norman

post-15846-025090600 1290952755.jpg

post-15846-014998800 1290952776.jpg

Some more from me! I haven't been around much recently but here's some pictures done for a recent presentation, as usual from us the Great War seen through different eyes.

This time the images were created by me but the words were given by forum member SiegfriedSassoon- whom I owe a huge thank you to - A great combined project. I'm sure you'll agree

post-38150-078474500 1291109435.jpg

A public thank you to CT-Guards for producing the attached photo of my Grandfather and his wife and their place of rest. And also a public thank you to forum member Chris Noble for taking the shot of the headstone.

Roger

post-42671-010980100 1291114688.jpg

Always a pleasure Roger - nice to hear from you again.

Some more from us; CT & SiegriedSassoon............

post-38150-039001000 1291115545.jpg

CT Guards

Your photos are always amazing but the last one is fantastic.

Sue

Thank you Sue,

We did 12 images which I will post up the rest over the next few days.

Thanks again

CT-Guards,

I agree with Sue Burden's opinion - I think that your image in post 616 is truly stunning!

Thanks for posting it.:thumbsup:

Best regards,

Ian.

one of my snaps

DSMS

Stunning - Truly Stunning

If you call that a snap I would love to see what you call a photograph!

Andy

Ty Andy

Snap as in Snapshot in time, shot taken simply as seen, without planning or forethought.

DSMS

Stunning - Truly Stunning

If you call that a snap I would love to see what you call a photograph!

Andy

Some more from me! I haven't been around much recently but here's some pictures done for a recent presentation, as usual from us the Great War seen through different eyes.

This time the images were created by me but the words were given by forum member SiegfriedSassoon- whom I owe a huge thank you to - A great combined project. I'm sure you'll agree

Yes, your photos are stunning...no need to thank me for my small input. Working with you was my pleasure.