Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Photographs

Guest Stoner

• 1 month later...

Couldn't let this post go, Truly amazing and beautiful pics here. Alot of talented pals out there and thank you so much for sharing. Looking at pics whilst listening to The Green Fields of France- A truly moving song. Thought share couple pics with you

post-29589-1201005527.jpg

post-29589-1201005608.jpg

I went to find John Nee on the Thiepval memorial, and when we get there he was picked out by a ray of March sunshine. He's right in the middle of the panel section picked out by the sun. A very special moment.

post-10875-1201382822.jpg

barrynee,

That is a very special moment that you will remember for ever. I had a similar moment at the same place. Christmas Day 2004. Pte J D Bones, Essex Regiment.

Great photies but some I couldn't open, anyone know why? I use my wee digital snapper and am constantly surprised at the outcomes. The shadows of the trees etc. I have two of the cemeteries at Couin, one of which has a man standing in the background, yet I was sure we were on our own there!

• 3 weeks later...

this is our favourite

post-13594-1203271520.jpg

• 3 months later...

A photo to revive this interesting thread.

The grave of R.A. Leighton in Louvencourt military cemetery.

The fiance of Vera Brittain

post-3829-1213370729.jpg

• 1 month later...

My current favourite

2621480896_37e19cf541.jpg

Although this is a very close second, featuring a GWF member

2530643667_0b4dfdac9c.jpg

These are outstanding photos! I have a few but I fear my camera doesn't stand up to the quality of some of these. Thanks for sharing.

Taken on Monday 14th July 2008 of one of the figures on the memorial.

John

And another one.

post-1365-1216325689.jpg

post-1365-1216325785.jpg

To the memory of all the unsung heroes back Home who lost there lives in the service of their country, this is the unmarked grave of Amelia Schofield of Leeds one of 36 lasses to die at the Shell Filling Factory, Barnbow, Crossgates, Leeds.

Cheers Roger.

I don't have a very good camera and I'm not much of a photographer, but I like this one. The Waipawa war memorial.

Waipawaforum.jpg

The memorial actually has a clock at the top.

Allie

My personal favourite - Mill Road Cem, with Thiepval Memorial in the Background.

Mill_Road_Cemetery__by_xBlutundEhrex.jpg

A favourite amongst others, Bedford House Cem.

Pure_morning__by_xBlutundEhrex.jpg

Lovely photos, Stephanie. I enjoyed the non-Western Front ones, too.

Gwyn

"Ever More"

My wife and daughter at the AWM Memorial Wall close to Anzac Day this year.

post-16790-1216764954.jpg

Lovely photos, Stephanie. I enjoyed the non-Western Front ones, too.

Gwyn

Thank you, I found it hard to post my favourite photo as they all mean alot, so I posted my gallery link.

Im returning to the Battlefields in November, so I shall be sure to post some more photos then, too.

My wife and my sister went on one of their power walks yesterday evening :blush: My wife took this picture of The Netley hospital chapel (which was once in the centre of the hospital , before it was demolished ) . Thought it may be appropriate for here . "MO"

suzandjoswalk25708001.jpg

Thankyou for all these wonderful photos. I have been talking with my son as we looked at these together, and we decided that yes, you can comprehend the number of war casualties, but when you see row upon row of headstones or crosses, in cemetary after cemetary after cemetary, you cannot fully appreciate the number of men who died, nor the pain carried by those who survived ... very, very thought provoking ...