Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
SteveB

Plaque visit to grave

SteveB

Hi,

I thought I would share some pictures I took today. I recently bought a pair of plaques to brothers, who were from up the road from me. One is buried in St Mary's Churchyard in Buxted, Sussex. Boy 2nd Class Frank Eastwood, J/92268, Royal Navy, HMS Powerful, who died 28th December 1918. Took his death plaque with me, and took the following photos.

The other brother, Charles Eastwood, The Queens, was lost at Ypres, and is commemorated on a plaque at the front of the church, which I also took a picture of.

SteveB

post-1747-1222368128.jpg

SteveB

Next picture

post-1747-1222368248.jpg

SteveB

Next

post-1747-1222368686.jpg

SteveB

Last one

post-1747-1222369039.jpg

Guest jaccahewitt

Comments about HMS Powerful are very helpful to me as I research Mosterton's WW1 Memorial.  Albert William Loveless signed up on 10 September 1918.  He was a Boy 2nd Class (J/92232) when he died of pneumonia whilst serving on HMS Powerful on 18 September 1918.  8 days' service.

mysie

I see that there are three  Boys from HMS Powerful buried in Scotland, Alexander Mearns j/92270 Buried in Cambusnethan.4/10/1918

J McFarlane j/90174 Buried in Carluke . 6/10/1918

W Muirhead  J/89446 Buried in SandyMount. 6/7/1918.

Mary.

Calvi36
On 31/07/2016 at 16:55, mysie said:

I see that there are three  Boys from HMS Powerful buried in Scotland, Alexander Mearns j/92270 Buried in Cambusnethan.4/10/1918

J McFarlane j/90174 Buried in Carluke . 6/10/1918

W Muirhead  J/89446 Buried in SandyMount. 6/7/1918.

Mary.

Hi Mary, I took this photo of W Muirhead's resting place the other day.

Pete

DSCF1843.JPG