Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Campaign Medal cards

janboothman

List CY/390 refers to the Silver war Badge List {Cavalry/390} on which his name and other details will appear in conjuction with the issue of his SWB.

AO265/17 Para 2D will be the Army Order cause of discharge{equated to a KR392/**** cause}A list of these appears in the LLT

Link To Long Long Trail Discharged

Hi

The only person on CY390 with that code is H/25078 SSM James Rogers of the 13th Reserve Cavalry Regiment. If it is him you need information on then CY/390 states that he enlisted on 8th September 1914 and was discharged due to AO II 2 (D) Para 392 (xvi). He was discharged on 18th March 1918 having not served abroad. He was shown as being aged 60 at the time of his discharge. Having not served abroad xvi will mean discharged due to sickness/ill health. He was awarded Silver War Badge number 413919.

Steve

Thank you for your quick replies. I am trying to trace my grandad's regiment and military records but from the information you have given me I know that this medal card was not his. Back to square one! I have a couple of photos of him and a bit of information so I will post this on the soldiers category to see if anyone can help me.