Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Divisional Insignia illustrations

Chris Foster

The 10th(Irish) and the 22nd are quite similar. I know that the fought side by side in Salonica in the early stages of that theatre of operations. Were the designs contemporary?

Séamus

Thanks to all for sharing these images. Were both Brigade and Division patches worn on the shoulder, does any one have any pictures of the positions they were worn in . Thank you. Paul

Hello Friends,

Does someone knows if the ninth Cavalry Brigade had insignia at the end of 1918. I would use the sign to situate its position on a map.

Thank you,

Jef

• 4 months later...

Hi .

Great thread!

I am trying to find out the correct divisional and brigade insignia as worn by the 11th Border Regt (Lonsdales) I know they were 32nd Div but the pic you show on this thread has the badge as black background with red design.....was this not the other way around? I also know they were in the 97th brigade. Can anyone help with this insignia please?

In addition would anyone know the sizes of these badges and their locations on the uniforms please?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

32nd Div but the pic you show on this thread has the badge as black background with red design.....was this not the other way around?

Paul

Paul,

Here is the design I have for the 32nd Division.

Regards,

LF

post-63666-0-36341000-1397430235_thumb.j

Brilliant stuff Chris CPGW. Thank you for posting your artwork. Very useful indeed.