Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Thomas Harrison photo - Abbassia 1914

jansanderson

Attached is a photo of my Gt Uncle Thomas Harrison born in Lytham, Lancashire 1887. The photo is a postcard picture of himself taken in Cairo and sent to a friend on 21st December 1914 and addressed from Abbassia. I know nothing about Uncle Tom's service though indications are that he was in the Territorials before the War. The friend to whom the postcard is sent is Thomas Vincent Goodier whose own pension record is on ancestry. TVG was in 2/2nd West Lancs Bde BFA number 3351 renumbered to 681236 and in 2/9th Bde. I'm imagining it could be possible that Thomas Harrison began in the same Brigade.

I'd be grateful for any help in my search for information

Jan

post-17796-1220641563.jpg

TVG was in 2/2nd West Lancs Bde BFA number 3351 renumbered to 681236 and in 2/9th Bde. I'm imagining it could be possible that Thomas Harrison began in the same Brigade

there is a Medal Card for

Harrison, Thomas Edward

of the Royal Field Artillery West Lancashire

number 681049 rank Priv

see http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documen...resultcount=606

Thanks for your help Michael. Thomas Harrison didn't have any middle name and in the photo I can see 2 chevrons on his right arm. Obviously this is 1914 and he could have been demoted so that may not be significant. I'll keep looking.

Jan