Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RNAS

RedCoat

Hi guys,

Wasnt really sure of where to put this topic?..war in the air or here so if its in the wrong place i apologise. Anyway, I have a kind of service sheet to an Edward Charles Knivett and am having some trouble deciphering it. His only medal entitlement was the BWM which to me suggested aircrew?...because he didnt serve overseas no Victory medal and if he was ground crew he wouldnt have qualified for a BWM?....anyway...it gives a trade at the bottom, i can make out Aircraft but nothing else, also unit and theatre of war says "50"?.......

Looking forward to hearing from you all.....Donnie

Servicesheet.jpg

RAF service number 216599, Rank (can't read it), Record Office Roehampton, Unit Kingsnorth (ac st ?aircraft station), Corps RAF, Pay Office Woking, dated 1919 issued at Purfleet.

BWM issued because he was ground crew who served in the UK and in the Navy; if he was air crew he would have qualified for a pair.

RAF service record should be in AIR 79/1949 (service numbers 216531 - 216640).

Hi guys,

I have bought the Naval Service recors for Mr Knivett. Can anyone give me any help with the information provided?.....i cant see anywhere where it says his trade?.....and it does seem rather sparce.

Service.jpg

Well thanks, Donnie