Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

underground battlefields clearing the mines at vimy

andrew pugh

Hi All

There is a new book called Underground battlefields ( locating and clearing of the tunnels and mines at Vimy), By Mike Dolamore (I think thats how his name is spelt), and it is pubished by Pen and Sword.

and costs £19.99 ordered mine from Waterstones.

Regards Andy

Andy,

You'll be disappointed with this order I feel.

I tried to order this when it was first ' released ' 18 months ago. It hasn't been published yet !

Pen & Sword do this a lot !

Mick

(let me know if you get it !)

Tesco still have my order on their system. The original title included a reference to mines at Beaumont Hamel.

keith

I have just looked on the P&S website and can find no trace of it.

Most booksellers had the title on their database, but after trying at least 6 a while ago, none were able to supply it. All stating that the book hadn't been published.

Mick

I hope you don't have to wait as long as I have for 'A Walk round Kemmel' by Tony Spagnoli: ordered my copy in 2004 and it still hasn't been published...

Roel :(

Ho All.

Thank you all for piddling on my camp fire! what a bummer, I was realy looking forward to reading it

Like you say Pen and Sword are always avertising books before there even printed. Ive been waiting for a book called the German Advance 1918 by Micheal Stedman for years I think I will phone tomorrow and tell them what I think about their publishing company when it comes to advertising.

Once again thank you all for telling me.

Regards Andy

Andy

As an alternative to b********g Pen&Sword why not get on their email list and let them keep you up to date with their latest offers and releases? That way you wont have to join the large club, including me, who have been conned into thinking that booksellers hold stocks of books that haven't been published.

Garth

I hope you don't have to wait as long as I have for 'A Walk round Kemmel' by Tony Spagnoli: ordered my copy in 2004 and it still hasn't been published...

Roel :(

Another Pen & Sword title !

Mick

Good Evening All.

I phoned Pen and Sword books and asked when the book called Underground Battlefields by Mike Dolamore is going to hit the shelves and the answer I got was, wait for it! It will be released in October 2008. Just thought I would give you all the heads up.

Regards Andy.

Can it be good business to not be advertising a book you are releasing in a matter of weeks? Or is it a few weeks?? :huh:

Or am I just a pessimist. I did worry at 9.30 this morning (OK 8.30 UK time) whether I was going to disappear into a black hole. :blush:

Jim

Just checked the previous thread on this book. I placed my order the last time it was about to be published in early 2007. I wonder if tesco, who then offered the best price will still manage to send me a copy. Its some time since they got bored with sending fortnightly updates.

Keith

I have sold books to this chap i will have to send him an e-mail to check progress

best regards john

Can it be good business to not be advertising a book you are releasing in a matter of weeks? Or is it a few weeks?? :huh:

Or am I just a pessimist. I did worry at 9.30 this morning (OK 8.30 UK time) whether I was going to disappear into a black hole. :blush:

Jim

Tish! The West Spring Gun is a lot deadlier than the Large Hadron Collider (and only slightly less elaborate).

Thanks for the HU Andy. Sounds like it may be up my street.

Jim, did you?

I went to school which can at times have certain similarities :P

Jim

I have just received my latest monthly email from this most predictable of publishers. There is no mention whatsoever of this title being published. Thats why they are predictable. Maybe they have got the year wrong again?

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

My order is still on the system at Tesco Books. they have just sent me another of the many many updates that the computer churns out, quoting April 09 as the release date. I wonder.......

Maybe we should have a competition. my money, for no logical reason at all is on November 09.

Keith

Sorry, I'm a rotten typist. You are right of course Mick.

What a shame we never manage to provoke a response from someone at the Publishers. You would think that they might have an interest in this forum.

Keith

• 1 month later...

Any news on this book yet?

Phil

Its safe to assume that the large Hadron collider will be working first.

I had another April 2009 update from Tesco books the other week. They only send them every couple of months now. When the book was first published/promised/heralded they used to send weekly updates/apologies.

I wonder what the author makes of his publisher.

Keith