Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help identify this uniform?

vea53

This is a photo of my grandfather Edward Harry Morris of Ludlow. Please could anyone identify his regiment? I would appreciate if anyone could tell me how to find out about his war experiences. He survived and joined the Shropshire Constabulary when he returned home. (further photo to follow)post-37623-1220312437.jpg

Can you give a close up of his cap badge? Since no other insignia is visible and the rest of his uniform could apply to virtually the whole Army this will be the key.

Edit - having seen the other post, RE would be a good candidate for this one too.

There are 20 Edward Morris's listed who served with the Royal Engineers in the Medal Index Cards. There are an Edward Harold Morris (an Officer) and an Edward H Morris (Sapper) listed. But bear in mind he may have been known only as Edward.

Description Medal card of Morris, Edward Harold

Corps Regiment No Rank

Royal Engineers Lieutenant

Royal Engineers Captain

Medal card of Morris, Edward H

Corps Regiment No Rank

Royal Engineers 55416 Sapper

Royal Engineers WR/250800 Sapper

Do you have any documents at all..or his medals...as they should confirm his regimental number?

Rgds

Tim

Could this have been taken just as he joined up, as a keepsake for those at home? It's obviously a photography studio.

The other photo where he is sitting down was a Carte Postale from France.

Vera