Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Possible help with Copyright and the NAA

Jayenn

Jayenne.

Although new to this board, I have noticed that the website referred to in the discussion on the ALLEGED photigraph of the Charge at Beersheba contains many images from the NAA and War Memorial.

You may care to visit the Light Horse Studies Centre page and pursue your enquiries there. From this distance it would appear that the LHSC is not seeking to make profits and would therefore qualify for unrestrained access.

Sb

Stormboy,

I'm sorry but I've obviously missed something - "Alleged photograph?" , "Charge at Beersheba?" "Light Horse Study Centre?"

I apologise but I can't see where this fits in with my question on copyright and the NAA! Ive searched this forum and the web addresses given and I am intirgued because I can't find any mention of these, anywhere!

And who is "the person directing such venom at the Returned Services League of Australia?", I'm sure it wasn't me - if so I apologise, again!

And who or what is "the Returned Services League of Australia", anyway?

I'm sure you're trying to help but you've lost me.

Anyway, I am, now, finally off on holiday :D for a fortnight, so will have to wait, with bated breath, to see what, and how, I misunderstood. You really have got me intrigued.

Thanks for your reply - and don't take this too seriously! It's given me a laugh - and with the weather we've been having lately, that's not a bad thing!

Oh, and Ozzie - are you really saying you don't believe in fairies!!? What a sad world we now live in! You'll be telling me next that there's no Father Christmas :o - no, that I can't believe.

Best regards, back in a fortnight - and my thanks once again to you and all who have helped.

Jayenn

Fancy going on holiday just when this thread's warming up................tsk tsk !!! B)

Fancy going on holiday just when this thread's warming up................tsk tsk !!! B)

I haven't gone yet - not till the early hours - and I don't really want to go on holiday, for the first time in ... well, a lot of years! I've finally got everything I want at home, so why go abroad? Well, my wife, sometime in February, convinced me that that's what I wanted to do more than anything else in the world (I'm easily convinced!)

Here, I've got my webpage, which is the cause of me asking so many questions on this forum - and I love what I doing and learning, though I would never have thought it some time ago.

I've got an allotment full of fruit and veg that needs harvesting before someone harvests it (the bas...d), jig-saw puzzles I've never even started, model balsa-wood aircraft part-started, a three-foot long wooden model of an 18th century, fully rigged ship of the line (which I've only just started), wine that needs bottling (about 30 bottles), wine that needs drinking (about 90 bottles), a garden that needs sitting in, in case the sun comes out, and much more.

Instead, I suppose I'll have to lie in the sun, getting brown, drinking cold beers and watch all the young ladies walk by in their bikinis - well, in that case I suppose I'll go just to please my wife! :rolleyes:

I've got a lot more questions to ask when I return so, relax while ye may. :lol:

Jayenn

three-foot long wooden model of an 18th century, fully rigged ship of the line

...............looking at the weather I think an ARK my be useful !! rubberring.gif

Sandra.

Surely the person directing such venom at the Returned Services League of Australia, and at the alleged perpetrators of such dispicable acts of disrespect towards the Light Horse Men would not entertain the prospect of being caught out at the same game.

regards

Sb

Hi Stormboy,

I've just worked it out! Your message was meant for the "Australian Light Horse Association Forum" and you posted to the wrong one - you silly twisted boy, you! At least I've solved the problem before I go on holiday. The number of times I've almost done that - how embarassing!

Jayenn