Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Electrician Fitter?

trsp62

Just turning my attention to my Great Uncle Charles Edward PRICE b 02/10/1878 Birmingham. He served through WW1, but all I know about his service is that his grand daughter believes he had a trade 'Electrician Fitter'. Daunting number of CEPs on MIC indexes! Anyone give me some thoughts as to where 'Electrician Fitters' might find themselves in the Army, so I could target these units first?

There is a suggestion that he was a regular who had seen service in the Boer War. In civvy street he was an accomplished musician and again a suggestion he may have been a bandsman at some point in his service (don't know if this opens up any other lines of attack?).

[interesting that this is now the 3rd member of the family GGF, GF and GU all reputedly (or claimed by them on papers) having something "electrical" in their skill set, but as of yet I have not found a shread of corroborating evidence!]

TimP

Tim

The 'electrical fitter' angle might sit with the RE but I still think that you are clutching at straws.

Was Charles married? The Absent Voters List for the locality of his family might be more promising.

regards

Mel

Mel

Yes he was married 17/10/1903 (I have copy of the certificate). Are the AVLs available on Ancestry or National Archive do you know?

Thanks.

TimP