Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Plymouth Memorial

ian turner

Good for the CWGC. Let's hope they can actually recover compensation and don't just throw good taxpayers' money after bad. Mind you, I suspect they may be doing this as much to act as a deterrent to any other lowlifes.

Ian,

Thanks for that post. We often hear of the vandalism. It is good to hear of suspects being caught. It will be interesting to learn of the final outcome.

David

Nice to hear of the recovery of the panels - albeit in need of restoration.

Also good to know there may be compensation for it.

My uncle is on the Plymouth war memorial along with those of whom I am researching.

Do we know which panels are involved?

The thieves need to have every single worldly possession taken off them and their whole immediate family made bankrupt! AND a 10 Year Prison Sentence each with hard labour (working on war graves and war memorials). But that aint going to happen is it? The CWGC will no doubt spend thousands in legal costs and end up recovering a pitiful sum at the rate of £1 a month from each of the offenders (Each of whom will be unemployed and on benefits)! I notice that all 3 were given Bail ! No doubt someone wants to TREAT them instead of punishing them. You couldn't make it up...