Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

13th Royal Scots

Tim Godden

Dear members,

I have a complete copy of the 13RS war diary and would be happy to check out any dates. Though, I would stress, there will be very little information regarding individual Other Rank soldiers.

Look forward to helping.

Regards,

Tim

Hi Tim

A scan or similar of the entries for April 1917 would be great. Or, if that's not possible just something from the 9th April. Part of my work on the 1st Scarpe battle and a missing piece at the moment.

Thanks

Jim

Jim,

Wrong Battalion but do you need the 9th April entry for the 8th Royal Scots,Pioneers to the 51st(Highland) Division as well?

George

Jim,

I am just heading away for the weekend but will sort it out for you upon my return.

Cheers,

Tim

Don't know what you mean by wrong battalion George. 13th (Service) Battalion Royal Scots were part of 45 Brigade, 15th Division attacking 9th April 1917 from lines in Blangy just south of the Scarpe. They are what I want. All help is very welcome though and your entries for the same period will also be superb - thanks.

Jim

Jim,

Sorry for not being clear.

I've a copy of the 8th Royal Scots Diary,Pioneer Battalion to the 51st(Highland)Division.

I'll pm you the relevant entry.

George

George

I now read your post from a totally different angle!! :blush: I'll put my glasses on in future to save my blushes.

A public thanks for your material. If you ever want any photos etc form the area just let me know.

Jim

• 2 months later...
Dear members,

I have a complete copy of the 13RS war diary and would be happy to check out any dates. Though, I would stress, there will be very little information regarding individual Other Rank soldiers.

Look forward to helping.

Regards,

Tim

Tim,

Would it be possible for you to send me copies of the diary entries for 13RS war diary for the dates March 16 - 19. I am trying to tie up information I have regarding my grandfathers whereabouts at that time.

Regards

Hugh