Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Queen's Own cameron Highlanders

ianmccallum

On 27/08/2008 at 08:21, ianmccallum said:

Hi Guys

I have the original magazines covering 1914 - 1918 inclusive. The detail is amazing especially for the first eighteen months and especially for the two regular battalions. If anyone wants a look up feel free to get in touch.

Ian

Ian - My Great-uncle Thomas Adamson was a corporal in the QOCH KIA 11 May 1915.  Basically all I know about him is he was a bank clerk and then enlisted in Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders 2nd Battalion A company. Service number S/11312.  I do know from the regimental war diary that he was killed in Hooge nr Ypres on the NE side of Sanctuary Wood. Sadly I have visited Sanctuary Wood three times but only recently found out he was killed there - if I had known at the time I would have laid a wreath.  He and his brother Archie (RFA) are both named on the Menin Gate.  I was wondering if your magazines had any information on the battle or even (unlikelyy I know) mention him.  Thanks!

• Admin
50 minutes ago, Nicola M said:

Ian - My Great-uncle Thomas Adamson was a corporal in the QOCH KIA 11 May 1915.  Basically all I know about him is he was a bank clerk and then enlisted in Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders 2nd Battalion A company. Service number S/11312.  I do know from the regimental war diary that he was killed in Hooge nr Ypres on the NE side of Sanctuary Wood. Sadly I have visited Sanctuary Wood three times but only recently found out he was killed there - if I had known at the time I would have laid a wreath.  He and his brother Archie (RFA) are both named on the Menin Gate.  I was wondering if your magazines had any information on the battle or even (unlikelyy I know) mention him.  Thanks!

Nicola,

Ian hasn't logged on since June last year so your best bet is to send him a personal message. Click on his user name and select message (the envelope icon). Once you have sent your message Ian will receive an email notification to his registered email address and hopefully may be able to respond.

Best wishes

David