Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Forum.

Skipman

Not being there at the beginning,how did the forum come about? did it just grow out of the wonderful 'long trail.

I was researching in my own peculiar way getting nowhere fast when stumbled upon the long trail,then the forum.When i think how much i know now,to what i knew then, i'm amazed.

Thanks to all who have helped ,to those who had the vision,and those who keep it ticking along.

Many pals will be aware that I am the owner of the Great War Forum. It has been my baby, an offshoot of my content site The Long, Long Trail since 1996, although in its present guise since 2002.

A recent change in my personal circumstances means that I am now much less able to devote time and attention to the Forum and I decided some while ago that the time had come to move on. I faced a number of options: essentially they were to close the Forum or to find others who would pick it up. The latter is no mean undertaking for it means not only dedicating time, but the acceptance of a financial and legal burden.

I am delighted that discussions with the current group of moderators have led to them accepting the challenge. Ownership of the Forum is passing to them.

The Great War Forum did indeed begin as an offshoot of The Long, Long Trail.

Right. It's also well over ten years old. If you look at the date of my own registration, that is when I switched the whole thing to Invision software. Prior to that I started with a free (Bravenet) forum and then moved for a while to YaBB. Many of the GWF pals who have low membership numbers have been users from those prehistoric times.

Top man Chris.Where do you think it will be in ten years,seems to me to be the best place on net for WW1.There is 1911 cencus to come,and no doubt more secrets to de classify.Great stuff.

Member No 11, I am from the prehistoric times Chris mentions.

Bob.

Before the flood. Us late comers owe the founders a lot.

Guner Bailey