Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

TF good conduct badges

Muerrisch

I have found an ACI of 1916 permitting TF soldiers to earn good conduct badges, and now seek photos of authentic, genuine, unmistakable TF soldiers wearing the inverted large chevron lower left arm.

This was an innovation as far as I can make out.

Please?

• 1 month later...
I have found an ACI of 1916 permitting TF soldiers to earn good conduct badges, and now seek photos of authentic, genuine, unmistakable TF soldiers wearing the inverted large chevron lower left arm.

This was an innovation as far as I can make out.

Please?

Dear Grumpy

My Grandad joined the 3 Bty, 267 (Cheshire) Bde, RFA, in 1914. Before this he was a dyed in the wool civilian. I have a photo of him, undated but later in the War, with unmistakably, a large inverted chevron (I am told it is in fact a Good Conduct Badge) on his lower left sleeve. Is this what you were interested in? If so let me know and then wait a bit as I try to figure out how to scan and send the picture. Stupid computers! @#%^$&!!!!!

Colin

Uniforms and equipment of the British Army in WW1 by Stephen J Chambers - P101 1/1st Buckingamshire battalion

Lance Corporal with Good Conduct badge and Signaller's proficiency badge lower left sleeve.

Hello Grumpy

attached 3714 Drummer James Gunn 2/6th Seaforth Highlanders, Cromer, Norfolk.

If you want a higher res scan let me know and I'll email one.

regards

John

post-27843-1224423479.jpg

Hi again

here is one of a lad in The Royal Sussex Regiment.

I believe but am not 100% that the battle patches are those of 4.R Sussex after they joined 101 Brigade, am willing to be corrected on this.

John

post-27843-1224424468.jpg

post-27843-1224424477.jpg

Here is a TF Sapper

On the left 47066 Sapper Edward Vincent Peacock 527 (Durham) Field Company originally 1/2nd Durham Fld Coy

John

Here is a TF Sapper

On the left 47066 Sapper Edward Vincent Peacock 527 (Durham) Field Company originally 1/2nd Durham Fld Coy

John

post-27843-1224426219.jpg