Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SPARKES -War records?

lizzie1

Ive just discovered my grandfather (George Henry Sparkes) had 2 older brothers but Ive drawn a blank on ANY records for them so far other than on the Wales census report of 1891.

William Sparkes b.1883 Aberdare

Alfred Sparkes b.1882 Aberdare

I wondered if anyone might be able to find a service record for them as George joined up (Thanks for the help with that info!)

I suppose the other option is that they were miners like their dad and died before the war.

Any leads would be great

Thanks

Liz

Liz,

What about the 1901 census ?

Grant

Ive just discovered my grandfather (George Henry Sparkes) had 2 older brothers but Ive drawn a blank on ANY records for them so far other than on the Wales census report of 1891.

William Sparkes b.1883 Aberdare

Alfred Sparkes b.1882 Aberdare

I wondered if anyone might be able to find a service record for them as George joined up (Thanks for the help with that info!)

I suppose the other option is that they were miners like their dad and died before the war.

Any leads would be great

Thanks

Liz

Hi Liz. Just looked on Ancestry 1891 Wales. There is an Alfred SPARKS b.1882 Aberdare and William b. 1884 Aberdare living with their dad Henry 33 a miner, mthr Mary 35, sisters Mary 6, Margaret 4 and Sarah J 8mths Could it be that this is the family without an E??

Regards, Barry

Hi all

Sorry for the delay. Ive realised I wasnt clear sorry. Id found the brothers in 1891 census but not in 1901 with either spelling or in England and just wondered where they went? My grandfather didnt mention them and although I know of his sisters I didnt know about his brothers until now. He was sent back to Taunton to school for a short while when he was young though so maybe something happened?!

Thanks for your efforts.

Liz