Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

'Photo requests

Corporal Chris

I have returned from France with most of the job done. I now realise I gave myself too much to do in the time allowed. I have 'done' St.Sever, Blargies, Doingt, Arras, Barlin, Laventie and Mazingarbe. I did not get to Wassigny or Wimille and I never found Rocquigny-Equancourt Road at Manancourt! Apologies to those I have let down. Could those of your who requested 'photos please send me a PM so that I can cross-check everything and e-mail the appropriate file?

Regards,

Chris.

Chris

Thanks for all your hard work. The most important one was Ogborne from Doingt as he was my Gradfather's army pal in the 5th Berks

So..cheers!!!

Tony (7KRRC)

Hi Chris

Your inbox is full so I'm unable to respond to your PM.

Regards Doug

Chris,

Many thanks for a splendid photo of Corporal Gills headstone I received from you today. I really appreciate your time and trouble.

Thanks again and......

Cheers, Terry

A public thank-you to Chris for his superb efforts in getting interesting shots of the Arras Memorial, St.Sever and Philosophe sites.

This has helped my project, and I am duly grateful to him for taking all this trouble.

LST_164

Chris

Thanks for all your hard work. The most important one was Ogborne from Doingt as he was my Gradfather's army pal in the 5th Berks

So..cheers!!!

Tony (7KRRC)

Glad to be of help.

Regards,

Chris.

Hi Chris

Your inbox is full so I'm unable to respond to your PM.

Regards Doug

Doug,

Sorry about that. Have deleted a few to allow you access. Could you just repeat surnames so that I can cross refer.

Regards,

Chris.

• 2 years later...

I have returned from France with most of the job done. I now realise I gave myself too much to do in the time allowed. I have 'done' St.Sever, Blargies, Doingt, Arras, Barlin, Laventie and Mazingarbe. I did not get to Wassigny or Wimille and I never found Rocquigny-Equancourt Road at Manancourt! Apologies to those I have let down. Could those of your who requested 'photos please send me a PM so that I can cross-check everything and e-mail the appropriate file?

Regards,

Chris.

hi chris i came across this forum by chance and saw your post.i see you have visited laventie graveyard.i had a great uncle who served in the great war.he was k.i.a. on 15/5/1915 aged 24.he served with the royal irish rifles 1st battalion.his name was frank orr,service no. 8298 and was buried at laventie graveyard.do you possibly have any information on him that you could send me.if you have a pic of the grave that would be even better.i look forward to your reply.regards robert.

hi chris i came across this forum by chance and saw your post.i see you have visited laventie graveyard.i had a great uncle who served in the great war.he was k.i.a. on 15/5/1915 aged 24.he served with the royal irish rifles 1st battalion.his name was frank orr,service no. 8298 and was buried at laventie graveyard.do you possibly have any information on him that you could send me.if you have a pic of the grave that would be even better.i look forward to your reply.regards robert.