Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bandsmen O Hutchins Band of R.M.C. Help!

biffrocks

Can anyone help me with researching the following George V Army Long Service & Good Conduct Medal issued to

193 Bndsmn O Hutchins Band of R.M.C. (Exact details of rim of medal)

Does anyone know what the R.M.C. stands for?

Any help very much interested.

Rob

Royal Military College ? :ph34r:

I think you may be right from something I have just been looking at on the web. Hopefully somebody will be able to help with something on Ancestry for Bndsm Hutchins and some history on the Band of R.M.C.

Thanks for your help

Rob

Hi

Does anyone have any info on the Band at the Royal Military College at Sandhurst around the 1st World War as I am trying to add some history behind the LSGC Medal to Bandsmen Hutchins.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

This site gives an overall history but has contact details for the archive section.

RMC

Royal Military College (1802 - 1947)

Until 1984, the RMAS had its own band - The RMAS Band Corps[4], the smallest Regiment in the British Army. Music is now provided by a variety of Army bands on rotation.

Archives

At the bottom of the page is the address of the archives.

Regards

Brett

This site gives an overall history but has contact details for the archive section.

RMC

Royal Military College (1802 - 1947)

Until 1984, the RMAS had its own band - The RMAS Band Corps[4], the smallest Regiment in the British Army. Music is now provided by a variety of Army bands on rotation.

Archives

At the bottom of the page is the address of the archives.

Regards

Brett

Hi Brett

Thanks for that.

I have just posted some photos of Capt Inglis's plane on the thread I had posted before for you to look at

Cheers

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I just thought I would see if anybody can give me any help on where I can find any service records for Bndsm Hutchins. Any help would be very much appreciated as I seem to be getting no where. I have contacted Sandhurst but they have very little information in their archive relating to the RMC Band for the period I am looking at.

The Long service medal would have been issued between 1910 & 1920.

Thanks

Rob