Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

German Army Corps

sjustice

No... it´s strange, because the 8.Garde-Minenwerfer-Kompanie was found in 1915.

I must say, the booklet is not an official product. I think, there´ll be some mistakes in it.

Thanks for checking. Apparently this was the unit that my great-uncle was serving with when he died, but I was told that it was an independent unit unlike the others that were attached to a specific Garde division. I'm supposing that there's not anything out there about them.

Thanks for checking. Apparently this was the unit that my great-uncle was serving with when he died, but I was told that it was an independent unit unlike the others that were attached to a specific Garde division. I'm supposing that there's not anything out there about them.

Ken,

I can give you a little, but not a lot.

8. Garde MinenwerferKomp.

formed 1.11.1916 as part of the Guard Cavalry division, but later part of Minenwerferbataillon XIX.

Paul

Hello all,

I have a feeling this will be too difficult to achieve with accuracy but, wonders have been performed for me before, by members of this forum, so here goes.

Can anyone quote, or point me to a decent resource where I can view, the composition (Divisions) of various German Army Corps during October 1918?

I am interested in Seventeenth (v. Below), Second (v.d. Marwitz) and Eighteenth (v. Hutier) Armies, and particularly the corps:

II Bavarian (v. Dellnensingnen)

XVIII (Lewarde Group - Albrecht)

XIV Reserve (Arras Group)

XI (Kühne)

LLV (Busigny Group - v. Laristh)

IV Reserve (v. Conta)

LI (v. Hofacker)

I Bavarian (v. Endres)

XXVI Reserve (v. Watter)

Kind Regards,

SMJ

Dellnensingnen, read: Dellmensingen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konrad_Krafft_von_Dellmensingen

Ken,

I can give you a little, but not a lot.

8. Garde MinenwerferKomp.

formed 1.11.1916 as part of the Guard Cavalry division, but later part of Minenwerferbataillon XIX.

Paul

Thanks for that. Slowly but surely I'm piecing together his service.