Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

Ernst Junger and Germany in to the abyss 1914-1945

Thomas

I've read Copse 125 and Storm of Steel and I'm very interested in knowing Ernst Junger's full history after the Great War. I have seen this book and I'm wondering can anyone recommend it to me. The only bit of knowledge I know of Ernst Junger after the war was that he joined the Nazi party and talking to German soldiers at the front of his experieces in the First World War. Then being implicated in the attempt to assasinate Hitler. But I'd like to know more so if any one's read In to the Abyss 1914-1945 can they give their thoughts about it.

Thanks in advance,

From,

Thomas McCall.

CROONAERT
The only bit of knowledge I know of Ernst Junger after the war was that he joined the Nazi party and talking to German soldiers at the front of his experieces in the First World War.

Thomas.

He didn't join the Nazi party. In fact he despised it and stood against it. He was given the opprtunity to leave Germany in the 1930's, but his love of his country made him stay. His popularity with the Nazis simply stemmed from the point that they liked his ideas and theories for a "Greater" Germany.

Anyway, back to "Into the Abyss" - it's an excellent part-biography of Junger, most of which covers a largely unknown part of his life in extremely "interesting" times. Now that it can be bought at bargain prices, I'd recommend it to anyone who was interested in Junger.

Dave.

Thomas

Thanks for that I was always told that he joined the party and was ei vervant support of the Nazis. I'll definetly get in to the abyss now.

From,

Thomas McCall.

Edward_N_Kelly

For a very good summary of Ernst Junger's varied life (that only ran out 5 or so years ago) see Ernst Junger in Cyberspace.

Edward