Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pte R Northall 3079

jnorthall

I believe that Pte R Northall may be a relation, but I'm struggling to find hard evidence.

Can anyone shed any light on Pte Northall?

Thanks in advance!

post-29968-1216714797.jpg

JRN

The medal rolls should be able to tell you the Bn he served with and the SWB list may give you his D.O.B.

With that number I'd stick my neck out and say that he was a Territorial serving with either 7th [Kidderminster] or 8th [Worcester] Bns and that he joined up in October/November 1914. If that was the case, he would have been discharged due to wounds or sickness prior to Feb/Mar 1917 because otherwise you'd reasonably expect to see a six digit TF number on his MIC as well.

That's a lot of guesswork in that paragraph. The medal rolls should eliminate some of that.

Paul

Here are the only two Richard Northalls' births appearing in the timeframe for his service as a territorial. Would yours have been the Dudley man?

From Free BMD:

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Births Sep 1877 (>99%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NORTHALL Richard Chesterfield 7b 691

Births Jun 1885 (>99%)

Northall Richard Dudley 6c 2

Ian

Births Jun 1885 (>99%)

Northall Richard Dudley 6c 2

That's him.