Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Langford, Ernest Arthur

Greenwoodman

I'm quite excited at acquiring the BWM & VM to this chap - there's a chance that it may have been my great-uncle, who was born in 1875 in Longsdon and lived in Stoke. He would have been 39 at the start of the war.

The MIC for the Ernest A Langford whose medals I have shows only the two medals with their references to the medal rolls. No theatre date.

There are three other Ernest A Langford s

181544 Sapr RE Same 2 medals, no theatre date

515254 Pte 14th Londons Same 2 medals, no theatre date - Unlikely to be this one, he has a CWGC entry, and a London address

13545 Dvr 2 Coy 8 Div T with a theatre entry date of 05/11/14, and a Star entitlement.

Anyone shed any light on these four servicemen please?

515254 Langford was killed in action 14-10-1918 born and enlisted Marylebone, lived Paddington London. Ralph.

13845 entitled to the trio would have the rank L/cpl on his Victory medal according to the MIC. "YOURS" again according to the MIC should have the same rank on both medals. Any nearer ? Ralph.

A/Cpl on both of my medals, Ralph. 13845 also seems to have been an A/Cpl but as you say, only on his Victory medal. I'm sure I have the right MIC for the medals I have, I'm hoping to figure out which MIC, if any, belongs to my Gt Uncle. 515254 is unlikely, as he is associated with a London address, and my Gt Uncle and his family came from the Stoke-on-T area.

I believe the "A" prefix in 329541 Ernest A Langford's number means that he was on the Special Reserve. If it is my Ernesy Arthur, then perhaps he served in the Boer War (he would be the second great uncle(different branch) to have done so).