Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Stanley C M Page On 4 Memorials in Clun

NeilEvans

I thought we had decided who he was.

Mick

16987 Pte Chaplan Morris otherwise known as Stanley Page, Stanley Chaplan or Stanley Chaplan Morris Page.

Hi Neil

16987 Pte Chaplan Morris (Page) battalion was holding the Railway Wood sector at time of his death.

Mick can I say brilliant decetice work.

Annette

Thank you. Stumped on the other man though.

mick

Thank you all for the brilliant responses.

Mick, we have decided on S C M Page, thanks to you

Alec Linden, is a strange one.

By the way Mick i've still 600+ names from 5,000 that i havn't been able to trace B)

Neil

• 6 years later...

I would like to thank everyone in this thread regarding my search for my Great Uncle Stanley Page (AKA Chaplan Morris).

Earlier this year I had a very interesting chat with my 93 year old Aunt regarding Great Uncle Stanley. My interest was spiked by this conversation and I set out to find him. I had no further information apart from what I thought was his name, as he was killed some 7 years before my Aunt was born. A search for Stanley Page on the CWG web site proved fruitless. However my Aunt recalled that he may have been known as Morris and we believed he was from Bicton, near Clun. Using a wildcard of "Bicton" the CWG site revealed "Morris C" who was the son of Mary Jane (my Great Grandmother's name!). Using this information in a Google search that took me to this thread - it was quite a surreal experience to see many postings about him when I landed here!

On behalf of my Aunt and also for myself thank you once again for the information you have shed on Stanley.

• 8 years later...
On 11/07/2008 at 20:30, NeilEvans said:

Ok Clun again.

Not much to go on:

Alick or Alec Linden Died November 1918 in France.

@NeilEvans Did you ever solve this one?

William Alexander Lyndon is named on Lydbury North war memorial, that's not far from Clun. Listed on CWGC; https://www.cwgc.org/find-records/find-war-dead/casualty-details/136029/william-alexander-lyndon/