Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Arthur Pike 12/13 Northumberland fusiliers

Lazza

Hi

Trying to find out more info on Arthur William Pike, private 37039 12th/13th Bn, Northumberland Fusiliers who died in Sunday 8 September 1918 aged 20, he is named on a panel at the VIS-EN-ARTOIS MEMORIAL Pas de Calais, France.

I was wondering if anyone would know of the engagements his unit were engaged in on or around that day.

Lazza

Lazza,

The diary of 62nd brigade has them involved in an attack around the area of Heudecourt. The battalion was split in to, two company units and added as suppliment to the two attacking battalions of the brigade.

Drop me an e-mail it is easier for you to see the copy yourself.

How long was Pike in the NF battalion? I would be able to give you an idea of the action he saw as well, if you'd like.

regards

Arm

Lazza,

The diary of 62nd brigade has them involved in an attack around the area of Heudecourt. The battalion was split in to, two company units and added as suppliment to the two attacking battalions of the brigade.

Drop me an e-mail it is easier for you to see the copy yourself.

How long was Pike in the NF battalion? I would be able to give you an idea of the action he saw as well, if you'd like.

regards

Arm

Arm,

Thanks for the info, I'm still trying to find out more about Arthurs service details.

I will send you my email.

thanks again :D

Lazza

Lazza,

e-mail sent. Hope it helps.

regards

Arm