Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Research Impasse

Guest Doullens

Good Morning,

This is my first time on this site, and I am looking for help/advice regarding some research.

Are the medal rolls available online, or is it still a matter of travelling to Kew myself?

I don't appear to be getting anywhere with my research of one soldier who was in the Cameronians.

Thanks.

John Hardie

John

Welcome.

The medal rolls are not online and I haven't heard of any plans for them to made available. Medal index cards are gradually being made available and surnames beginning with A and B have been done with varying degrees of success (a couple of threads on the forum make interesting reading).

Michael

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Interestingly I have just been on the PROCAT and it says on the home page that WW1 Medal Rolls are going on-line.............However after following the link it is only an announcement for the Medal Index Cards :blink:

Good old PRO on the ball as usual.................

As far as I am aware the rolls are only available at Kew, unless members have copies themselves. Are you aware that the MIC rolls are being made available on the web?

Welcome Doullens. MICs have started on-line but not Rolls. I am sure the rolls will be available at some point in the future but no breath holding please.

If you cant get to the PRO easily I am sure someone will help you. Drop me an e-mail with the details and I will try to help if I can (as long as it is an individual and not a whole Battalion/Regiment).

Regards

PAUL JOHNSON :ph34r: