Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Oxford and Bucks

basiloxford

Hi everyone,

I'm researching the service men who are named on a local war memorial, and living in Oxford,

many of the men served in the Oxford and Bucks light infantry, yet with most of their individual service records missing,

I'm struggling to pin down when many of the men enlisted, either before, or during the war.

I'm hoping someone somewhere has a list of service numbers for the Oxford and Bucks, and the years they was issued, which would at least give

me an idea as to when the men enlisted.

Help anyone,

Barry.

8129 Private Thomas Alfred Morse 2nd Battalion Oxs and Bucks - 16 May 1915, Le Touret Memorial.

of 4 Commercial Road, St Ebbs Oxford.

Thomas was wounded in the Boer War. He was recalled to the colours on the outbreak of war.

steve m

Barry:

Since you live in Oxford have you been in touch with the OBLI museum at the TA Centre, The Slade, Headington? I know one of my volunteer colleagues in that regiment has been compiling full details of over 70,000 men onto their database. Unfortunately this may not be a good time to make contact with them because they and 'my'regiment's archives etc are in the throes of moving out to Caversfield near Bicester. The Slade is being closed and re-developed. If you need any contact details send me a PM. Peter

Thanks for the replies everyone,

I'm currently in contact with the Oxford and Bucks museum, so hopefully something will come out of that.

Barry.